Keeping your loan on track
How do I make payments?
When your loan is paid out, we set up a monthly Direct Debit. You can sit back, make sure you’ve set aside enough funds to cover your payments each month, and we’ll do the rest. Your agreed payments will come straight out of your account without you having to worry about a thing.
We also take your debit/credit card details as a backup. If your Direct Debit fails and you haven’t been in touch to let us know not to, we’ll use these details to catch up on the payment to stop your account falling behind. This keeps everything running smoothly and stops your account running into any issues.
It’s important to keep your account up to date as this is your contractual agreement and could help build your credit rating. Saying that, we do understand things can happen unexpectedly and this may not always be possible - more on that further down.
Can I make extra payments?
Want to make extra payments, catch up on a late payment, or settle your loan early? Well, you’ve got options:
- Download our free App here: amigoloans.co.uk/mobile-app. The App is currently only available to borrowers, but is an easy way to keep track of your account and make payments.
- Call our 24 hour automated payment line on 01202 560 996. Less conversational than a real person but friendly all the same.
- Log in to your online account.
- Text the word ‘PAY’ to 07595553371. We’ll send you an Easypay link so you can make an online payment without logging into your account.
Can I settle early?
You can settle your loan at any time, or make extra payments on top of the regular monthly instalments. Just use one of the payment methods mentioned above.
To see how this could affect the interest accruing on your loan, have a quick look over our dedicated guide. We know interest can be far from straight-forward so we’ve set out to show that, actually, it can be quite simple.
And one more thing to add. We don’t apply any fees or charges for making overpayments or settling early. No fees, ever.
How do I change my payment date?
To change your payment date, log into your account (online or, if you’re a borrower, through the mobile App) and click on the ‘Repayments’ tab. Then you’ve just got to choose the date you want. Easy really.
Before you go rushing into it though, we do have a couple of rules you’ll need to consider:
- You can’t move the date of your first payment;
- You can’t move the date if your account is behind on payments;
- If you usually pay by Direct Debit then you’ll need to give us 5 working days notice before your payment is due so that we can tell the bank;
- If you usually pay by card, you won’t be able to move your payment date on the day your payment is due;
- You can only change your payment date once in a 2 month period;
- You can only move your payment date further away a maximum of 3 times a year and 5 times over the total loan term;
- You can only move your payment date further away by a maximum of 20 days. For example, if your payment is due on the 3rd of every month, the furthest you can move your date to is the 23rd.
What if I can’t make my payments?
If for any reason you can’t pay, the first thing to do is to let us know. We know that life doesn’t always go to plan, but the main thing to remember is that we’re here to help. Where possible, we’ll always try to work with you directly to get things back on track without needing to ask your guarantor to step in.
That’s why we’re here - to give second chances to people that have struggled. You can speak to us on 01202 629 161 (9am-7pm Mon-Thurs; 9am-6pm Fri; 9am-1pm Sat).
Any other questions about your payments?
Let’s see what we can do.
Anything we haven't covered?
Check out our guides below: