Amigo Loans CEO to step down
Press Release - 26 January 2015
Founder and CEO of Amigo Loans, James Benamor, is stepping down from the day to day running of the company, to pursue other ventures and spend more time with his growing family. The board is pleased to announce the appointment of Chris Gillespie, who will take over as CEO with immediate effect and assume responsibility for the running of Amigo. James will remain on the board in a non-executive position.
James said: "I’ve spent 10 years building Amigo and today I’m proud to see a thriving, responsible, honest company which has helped nearly 200,000 customers improve their lives by providing good old-fashioned, honest and responsible finance. Chris and I have worked together for the past year and I believe he is the best person to now push Amigo to the next phase of its growth, along with our incredible employees. Meanwhile I’m going to work on some exciting new stuff and actually get to watch my kids’ sports day races for a change. I can’t wait."
Chris said: "James has created an amazing business. I’m thrilled to be working with such a brilliant team to take the business forward to the next phase of its development, while continuing to offer both fantastic products and superior service to our customers. We remain committed to leading the alternative loan market and to remain a business where our customers truly come first."
James founded the Richmond Group in 1999 to make simple, transparent financial products available for those excluded by mainstream lenders. A natural innovator, James has built from scratch a string of national businesses estimated to be valued at over £200m, which have won awards for growth, profitability and as one of the UK’s best employers. In 2010, James received the honour of being recognised as Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Consumer Products and Services. James has 5 children In his leisure time he likes to challenge himself, either in the ring as an accomplished kick boxer or as in 2010 and 2011 leading 10 employees successfully up Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Chris has spent over 30 years in financial services and has held senior positions in a number of high profile businesses including Barclays, Bradford and Bingley and Provident Financial. Chris has vast experience right across the consumer finance spectrum. Chris is married with two young boys. In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his family, horse eventing and classic cars.
About Amigo Loans
- Amigo Loans is the UK’s largest guarantor loans company, offering medium term loans over terms up to 7,000 for up to five years.
- Amigo Loans assesses every borrower and guarantor during financial review session. All incomings and outgoings are reviewed and checked against national averages, as well as their credit file. Any discrepancies are challenged and any future budgeting is also accounted for.
- Amigo Loans APR is 49.9%.
- Amigo Loans has lent to over 170,000 customers over £610 million.
- Amigo Loans is one of the cheapest alternative loans providers in the market with highly transparent rates that are easy to understand.
- Amigo Loans offers an alternative way of borrowing money for people who are ignored by, or can’t access credit through the banks.
- Amigo Loans works on the basis of trust to offer loans using friends and family as guarantors.