New Chairman and CEO for Amigo Loans
Press Release - 21 October 2015
Amigo Loans has appointed Glen Crawford as its new CEO.
Prior to joining Amigo Loans, Crawford, a corporate lawyer by profession, was group managing director at Cabot Financial for 15 years. Crawford joins Amigo Loans as it finalises its application for full FCA authorisation.
Amigo Loans has also appointed Stephan Wilcke as Non-Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors. Wilcke, a former CEO of the HM Treasury Asset Protection Agency and former Chairman of OneSavings Bank Plc, is an experienced director of regulated financial services firms.
James Benamor, owner of Amigo Loans’ parent company, the Richmond Group, said: “The board is thrilled to have two industry stalwarts, Glen and Stephan, join Amigo at one of the most exciting times we have known. We are the market leader having helped nearly 200,000 customers improve their lives by providing honest and simple finance. We’re the best at what we do and our growth plans for the next few years are ambitious.”
Glen Crawford, Amigo Loans’ new CEO, said: “Amigo is a great company with fantastic people. I'm delighted to have the opportunity to join the business and lead the team through the next stage of growth. We have some exciting plans and are committed to leading the alternative loan market and to remain a business where our customers come first.”
Notes to editors:
Contact Adam Smith at TeamSpirit on 0207 360 7878 [email protected] or [email protected] 07799 652 418.
Glen Crawford – Amigo Loans CEO
Glen holds an LLB (Hons) degree in Law from Bristol University. Having spent a number of years in law, Glen co-founded Cabot Financial Group after acting as external counsel to its US early-stage sponsor. Glen remained managing director at Cabot Financial for 15 years, leading three successful management buy-outs.
Stephan Wilcke – Non-Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors at Amigo Loans.
Stephan is a highly experienced investor and director in financial services. Currently director at OneSavings Bank plc and founder of Rozes Invest Limited, Stephan has been serving for a number of years on the board for Jersey Financial Services Commission and was also CEO at the Asset Protection Agency. Prior to this Stephan was a partner and Head of Financial Services (Europe) at Apax partners for over seven years, and has also been a partner at financial services strategy consulting firm Oliver Wyman where he started his career.
About Amigo Loans
- Amigo Loans is the UK’s largest guarantor loans company, offering medium term loans over terms up to £7,000 for up to five years.
- Amigo Loans assesses every borrower and guarantor during financial review session. All incomings and outgoings are reviewed and checked against national averages, as well as their credit file. Any discrepancies are challenged and any future budgeting is also accounted for.
- Amigo Loans APR is 49.9%.
- Amigo Loans has lent to over 185,000 customers over £700 million.
- Amigo Loans is one of the cheapest alternative loans providers in the market with highly transparent rates that are easy to understand.
- Amigo Loans offers an alternative way of borrowing money for people who are ignored by, or can’t access credit through the banks.
- Amigo Loans works on the basis of trust to offer loans using friends and family as guarantors.